Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Kyak At the Lake

It was a warm summer day up in Lake George, New York at my uncle’s house. The lake looked extremely calm and was sparkling clean. It’s a place where we go to have a relaxing vacation and try different water activities.

My uncle just bought two brand new kayaks and I really wanted to try one. I never have kayaked before and had no clue even how too. Looking at the bright orange kayak I thought it would be simple and nothing to it. Before taking it out I asked my uncles permission to use it. He replied “You sure you know how to kayak Brian?” Staring at him I replied “Yeah it is simple.” I took off on the kayak as fast as I could far out to an island. While paddling incorrectly, I let the paddle hit the water too much on one side and flipped. I was strapped into the kayak so the kayak flipped upside down as well. While getting myself out, I could hear the sound of animals in the water and I panicked. A thought of a Snapping turtle taking off my toe was the first thing that came to my mind. My voice echoed over the lake but nobody seemed to hear me. While trying to hold up the kayak and myself I continued to yell. Luckily I got the attention of my uncle and he rushed out on his boat and rescued me. As I got onto the boat my hands and feet were still shaking from being so nervous and I went back to the house and never used the kayak again.
Word Count-301
Story Point: Always follow directions and learn how to do things before you attempt them. Assuming you know how to do certain things without practice or experience can be dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment