Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A summer day at Lake George

It was a warm summer day up in Lake George, New York at my uncle’s house. The lake looked extremely calm and was sparkling clean. It was one of my favorite places to be at this time of the year. It’s a place where we go to have a relaxing vacation and spend time with family. We would try all different things at the lake such as water tubing, water skiing, and learning to drive the boat.

As the day went on I wanted to try something new. My uncle just bought two brand new kayaks and I really wanted to try them. I never have kayaked before and had no clue even how too. Looking at the bright orange kayak I thought it would be simple and nothing to it. Before taking it out I asked my uncles permission to use it. He replied “You sure you know how to kayak Brian?” Staring at him I replied, “Yeah it is simple.” I took off on the kayak as fast as I could to a little island in the middle of the lake. Not knowing how to paddle correctly, I spun around and flipped upside down. I was stuck out a couple miles and the boat was filled with water. My uncle finally heard me calling and came to get me on his boat. Until this day every time we go to Lake George they laugh at me and ask me if I want to go kayaking. It’s a story they will tell every time we get together.

Word Count-256

Story Point: Always follow directions and learn how to do things before you attempt them. Assuming you know how to do certain things without practice or experience can be dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment