Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The UPs and the Downs of Education

It was the end of the first marking period in my first year of middle school and I could not have been any happier. I was doing very well in all of my classes and worked really hard to get good grades. It seemed as if everything clicked and everything was going the way it was supposed to. Getting the paper notice put into my hands that I achieved high honor roll was best educational experience that I ever had. As soon as I got it made me want to work harder next semester. Making high honor taught me that hard work pays off and to work hard in everything that I do.


Spanish one in seventh grade was the worst educational experience I have ever had. The teacher spoke mostly Spanish and barely any English. It was first year taking a full year foreign language and it was an honors class. I couldn’t understand anything on the tests or quizzes and also froze up every time I was asked a question. I tried my best to get help everyday in extra help but nothing seemed to work. It was as if I could never learn Spanish. It was the only class I failed and it ended up being the worst educational experience of my life.

Word Count 216

No comments:

Post a Comment